Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a very wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. It was the Byers year this year and Gladys was in California with David while Doyle and Kris were spending it with her parents who just returned from their mission. So we invited Darrell and Shara's family, my mom and dad and Dale's Dad and Geneva to come for dinner. We spent a lot of time the day before and that morning getting organized and ready for the day.
Kierra and Kyson made these cute little turkeys for our place settings.
This is what the Kitchen looked like before everyone got there. I didn't get a picture of what it looked like once all the food and dishes were everywhere. What a mess!
Mom was making the gravy while Darrell cut the Turkey. It was nice to have everyone doing something. It was a little cozy in the kitchen but that was ok. I was so glad to have my mom there to help me pull this off. This is only the 2nd time I have done this at my house.
The kids table
The grown up table
My favorite picture. After we were all done eating, Jadon had pulled his chair up to the counter to finish off the green bean casserole. He said that was his favorite part of the dinner. Thanksgiving dinner is a lot of work but it's worth it to have a nice dinner with our family. I love how it starts the season and makes us grateful for our family. I am so thankful for my sweet husband and my 6 wonderful kids. I would be lost without them!

No comments: