
We spent the 4th of July, like many years in the past, at the cabin. This year was a little different. We usually go to the Brighton breakfast. This year we decided to have a big breakfast at our cabin. Sandy, Steve, Danny, Amelia and Hannah joined us for our breakfast and then we all went over to the parade. Another change was the rain. It's usually hot and sunny but this year it was overcast all day and rained on and off. The kids still had a great time!


They all love Danny. He was playing games with them all day. All the kids loved picking up the candy and cheering for the people in the parade!
Luckily we were able to find a close spot at the parade so that we could sit in the back of Lisa's van to stay dry.

After the parade, we all went on a walk around Silver Lake. It was pretty muddy and there were some parts that had snow on the trail. The kids had fun, like always, climbing the rock. After our walk, we all went back to the cabin to visit and play games all day. I love being at the cabin and I love the 4th of July! I am so thankful to live in this beautiful country and have the many wonderful things that I have!
No comments:
Post a Comment