Saturday, July 9, 2011

The best Saturday ever!

We started out the day by taking Jake and Jaxon over to the church to head up to Scout camp. This was their 2nd day and they were both excited to go. After we dropped them off, Dale and I took Jenny and her friend, Zoey, on a walk. When we got home we went over to help our friends move. They are moving to Bountiful and they were only moving their food storage today. They filled up two moving trucks with FOOD STORAGE. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty bad about our small amount we have that would definately fit in our van. Anyway, it felt good to help someone out. Even though we were exausted when we got home, I talked Dale into cleaning out the garage. Since we got so hot doing that, Jadon asked if we could get the slip-n-slide out. It was quite a project since there were several holes in it that needed to be repaired before we could use it. Somehow while they were slipping and sliding they came up with the idea to play kickball and use the slip-n-slide as homebase. They asked me if I would play. I told them I would kick the ball but someone else had to run for me because I didn't want to get wet. That didn't last long! Not very long after we started playing, it started to rain. At first it was just sprinkling but the more we got into the game, the harder it rained. Pretty soon it was pouring and I was soaking wet so I decided to really get into the game and slide head first into home. We had so much fun playing in the rain. Luckily, Jaxon got home from camp during our game and he joined us for the fun. We played through the whole rainstorm and pretty soon the sun came out. Katie, Kyson, and Jake then joined us to do some more slippin' and sliding. There isn't a lot of things that are better than playing outside in the water with my kids! After we were done, Kierra said "This was the best Saturday we have ever had!"
"I'm safe!"
"You're out!"
Jaxon sliding into home
After we all got cleaned up, I fed the kids dinner and then Dale and I went out to dinner. It felt so good to finally sit down and enjoy some good food! What a great day!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

how funny - we did the same thing: cleaned out the garage and put out a slip and slide that we found in the garage. We didn't do the fun part like you guys tho, just Jared and kamryn used the slip and slide.