Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kierra's 12th Birthday!

We have a tradition in our family of going out to eat, as a family, to celebrate birthdays. The one having the birthday gets to pick the place to eat. We went out to lunch after Kierra's volleyball game. She picked Subway. I thought we would go somewhere nicer than that. Dale knew that she loves Olive Garden so he suggested that we go there. She said "really?...ok!" We had a great time and had super yummy food. She even tried the pepper in the salad. The best part about it was that we had so much food that all the kids had their leftovers for dinner that night.
After lunch, Kierra went to a party with her Sunday School class. When she got home from that, she found that our front door had been decorated by her new Beehive class. She is very excited to go into Young Women's.
She got a new outfit to wear to church for her first Sunday in Young Women's. It's hard to believe she is 12 years old and moving out of Primary. I remember the day she was born very well. I remember going out to dinner at Applebee's and feeling really weird on the way home but not knowing what it was. She wasn't due for another month. I didn't got into labor with Jadon so I wasn't sure what I was feeling. When I went to bed, I was still feeling some pain but thought it would go away. About 2:00 a.m. I woke Dale up and told him we needed to go to the hospital. We scrambled to get everything together and on the way out the door, he said "Grab the name book!" We didn't have a name yet. During labor he was looking through the book. He found the name Sierra and said "How about putting a K in the S place? I thought it sounded good so we went with Kierra Marie Byers.
Kierra is a great girl with a lot of wonderful qualities. She is extremely artistic and creative. She is a great big sister and her little brothers and sister love her very much. She is always coming up with activities and games for them to play. She is a good friend and has a lot of friends that she loves doing things with. She is a good student and her teachers love having her in their classes. She is turning into a cute young lady, which is hard for us to accept, but I am happy that she has set some good goals for herself for her future. She will be a fantastic mother someday. She has always loved babies and loves her baby sister so much! We are lucky to have her in our family!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

She is a great young woman and I would adopt her if you would let me :)

The Byers Family said...

I can't believe she's already 12!! I don't think I remembered that about the day she was born either! How funny that both she and Annie came a month early and almost share a birthday! I looks like Kierra had a great time on her day!