Friday, April 1, 2011

Gotta love your neighbors!

When Dale and I got home late last night, this is what we found in our yard. Actually, the neighbor across the street had one in their yard too except it was a "Home in foreclosure" sign. Happy April Fools! I thought it was pretty funny.
This morning when I drove Kierra to school, they were all over our neighborhood. Some of the neighbors even had full size yard arms with open house signs in their yard. We have a realitor in our ward who was behind this great prank. It actually led to other funny April fool's jokes. My friend told her kids to look outside for a surprise. When they saw the "for sale" sign, they were all excited that they were going to get a new house. Oops! I hope our new bishop doesn't think everyone wants to leave our ward!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

That was so much fun! April Fools!

Lisa said...

that is funny!! I'll have to keep that in mind.

The Byers Family said...

That is hilarious! I have a great one you can do for next year, it's one my mom's neighbor did and it was HILARIOUS! They wrote a letter to all their neighbors about how sensitive and protective their dog has been, sitting in the front room window watching all that transpires in their neighborhood and barking incessently (I'm sure that isn't spelled right) at anything and anyone she sees so they listed some things their neighbors could do to limit her stress. Things like parking around the block and entering your home from the backyard, not leaving your garage door open, asking visitors to meet you at the park down the street instead of at your home, limiting trips from your home to once or twice daily! I was so irked when I read it, until the very end where it said April Fools! These people even made gingerbread cookies that looked like dogs, bones, fire hydrants and gave them with the letter. Pretty clever!

Eva said...

This is an impressive neighborhood April Fools' joke, very original! You must have a very fun neighborhood :)