Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Today has been a great day! On this Mother's Day, I am especially thankful for the oppurtunity I have to be a Mother. Dale has been wonderful! He took care of as many of the daily duties, that I normally do, as he could. He made breakfast, lunch and dinner for all the kids and let me take a REALLY long Sunday nap. While he was cleaning up dinner, he said to me "Why do you like this job?" While I finished my dinner, I sat and thought about that. It really does give me such joy and satisfaction to have 6 kids to take care of. It means the world to me when they are happy. I am happy taking care of them. I agree that sometimes they can drive me crazy and test my patience levels but I still love my job! I love watching my boys play sports. I love watching Kyson and Jake play together. I love all of Kierra's drawings and stories. I love listening to Katie talk. I love spending one on one time with any of my kids. I love going out to dinner as a family. I love taking pictures of my kids. I love looking at them, asleep in their beds at night, before I go to bed. I love it when they tell me they love me! I love to see them smile!
I am so thankful that I have been entrusted to take care of these special children!
I took this picture for two reasons. I love tulips and the first little flower, on the bush behind the tulips, bloomed today. It made me excited because I love it when all the flowers start blooming in our yard!

Dale and the kids sent me these flowers for Mother's Day. They are so pretty! Once again, I love tulips. They also gave me a card saying what their favorite thing about me was. That was neat. Jadon gave me the Ward's Worldwide cookbook. There are so many recipes in there that I want to try!

I put this picture in because it was so sweet. When everyone was cleaning up dinner together, I looked over to see Katie sitting on the couch, looking at my sharing time manual. She was just staring at the picture of Jesus. She is so sweet! It's the little things like this that make everything about being a mom worth it!



No comments: