
I've been meaning to post these photos for a while and finally found some time to do it. Jaxon had his first pinewood derby this month. When I found out that it was time for another pinewood derby, I was NOT excited. We have had such bad luck with this in the past and I want the scouts to stop doing it. But I knew how excited Jaxon was to build his car so I told myself to get over it and hope for the best!

Jaxon immediately knew that he wanted to build a Ute car. He made the design and helped Dale cut out the car. He sanded the car himself and painted most of it by himself. He needed a little help painting the "U". We bought a special kit at Roberts to help spiffy up the wheels in hopes that our car would do better than Jadon's did in years past.

The Pinewood Derby is always a very well attended event. All the kids, scouts and parents come to cheer their little scout and his car on. We were very nervous as Jaxon placed his car on the track for his first race. To our surprise, he won the first race! He continued to race against all the other boys and ended up tieing for first place because they were using two brackets. The 2 boys that tied raced against each other twice, and Jaxon's beat him both times! He actually took first place for the whole race! I don't know why I'm so surprised. Jaxon has that kind of luck.

It was fun to see him win. He was very excited to get his first place ribbon!

When I was posting these pictures, I realized that I didn't take a good picture of the car. I will do that and post it at a later date. Good job Jaxon!
No comments:
Post a Comment