Friday, March 12, 2010

Double Doctor Visit

Today Dale and I took Kyson and Katie to the doctor. What fun that was! For some reason, I didn't take Katie into the doctor for her 1 year shots. I just kept forgetting to make an appt. and now that she's 15 months old, I decided to finally catch her up on her immunations. I decided to take Kyson in for his Kindergarten check-up at the same time. Everything went well, until the shots. Katie and Kyson are both very healthy and Kyson did great on all the kindergarten testing. Since I was such a bad mom and didn't take Katie to the doctor at one year, she had to have 6 shots. Ouch! Dale held her arms down and the nurse held her legs down while she gave her the shots. I got to watch her scream while all the needles went into her legs. It was so sad! It never gets easier to watch my kids get shots. So after all that, Kyson WAS NOT going to get his shots! We told him he had to pull his pants down so she could put the shots in his legs. He immediately bent over so that we couldn't get to his pants. Dale had to force him to take his pants down. At this time, we found out that Kyson didn't wear any underwear so he was embarassed to pull his pants down. We finally got the pants down and Kyson on the table. I was holding Katie, who was still crying, so I didn't watch this time. He cried when she poked him the first time and cried harder with each shot. So now we have my two sweet little babies, and me, crying. I'm so glad that they forget that we put them through this. After this wonderful experience, we took them out to Burger King and had a great lunch together. Oh, the joys of being a parent!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! Sad! But what a great picture!! That's why I'm making Paul go with me for the twins kindergarten appt.