skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Yummy Salsa!
I always love fresh salsa but have never known how to make it. Well, we had a salsa taster's table at enrichment and I got a recipe for some really good salsa. I decided I would ask Kris to help me can it since she's the canning expert. We had such a good time! It took way way longer than we anticipated but now we both have 41 bottles of salsa and I am so excited!
We decided to make each batch a little different. We made 4 1/2 batches. We saved a little bit of each batch and had Doyle taste them to see what one was better. Unfortunately, I can't remember what one he picked. The most important thing was...he liked it!
Here is some of the finished jars. My favorite part of canning is taking the jars out of the big black pot with the little tong things and lining them up on the counter. I feel so good for accomplishing something. I just like to look at them for several days after they're done. It was fun to can with Kris because she feels the same way. It's fun to share your accomplishment with someone!
2 comments:
Wow! That is a ton of salsa! I bet you guys eat it all winter long! Wish I had been there, I bet it was way fun!
sounds like fun. I went to a salsa demo for our enrichment "cooking group". There were 7-8 different salsa's to taste. It was really fun. I also have that same feeling of accomplishment when I do peaches.
Post a Comment