Jadon had the greatest baseball game Friday night. I wanted to blog about it so that he won't ever forget it. I need to start out this post by saying that before his game I told him that my parents were coming to his game. He said "Oh no, I'm going to strike out then." He gets so nervous when someone is there to watch him. So the game is going pretty good. He was 7th on the batting line-up which usually means that he doesn't make it up to bat until the 2nd inning. The kids were doing a good job of hitting the ball so he made it up to bat in the 1st inning. It seems like he is always getting up to bat with 2 outs and bases loaded. That was the case this time too. First swing, strike! Then he looked back at me and my mom sitting behind home plate(my dad was sitting on the bleachers) and got ready to swing. He swung and hit the ball...hard! It sailed right over all the players heads and went almost to the fence!!! He started running and kept on running. When he got to third the coach told him to keep running. I think Jadon was shocked because he had to get his speed up again. I think he thought he was staying on 3rd. The coach told me later that he wasn't sure he was going to make it but thought it would be fun to take the risk so he told him to go for it. By this time the other team had the ball and was on there way to home to tag him. I was screaming "run, run, run!!!" He made it just in time and the other team didn't get him out. The crowd was all cheering. It was awesome! Unfortunately, his team was so excited that they all came running out to greet him when he came home and the ump called that as interferance and made Jadon go back to 3rd. It didn't matter. To me, and everyone else on the team, Jadon hit a GRAND SLAM!!!
4 comments:
That is so AWESOME! Mom told me about it and was very proud of Jadon.
That is soooo cool! You'll have to get us the boys b-ball schedule so we can come watch a game! We LOVE baseball games!
Grandslam! That is the best feeling, what a great job. But what is wrong with that ump? doesn't he know that celebrating is part of the game. He must not have kids!
Wow grandslam! What a good feeling that is! But what's wrong with the ump? Doesn't he know that celebrating is part of the game? He must not have kids. I hope someone gave him a talkin to after the game.
Post a Comment