Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another year older

It was a beautiful day to turn 37 and I had a great birthday! It started out by the kids and Dale giving me a cake that they had all signed their names on with frosting.
They played a funny joke on me with the candles. After they switched the numbers around, they called me "Grandma" all day. Kierra said that I will be 73 when Katie graduates from highschool. I hope not!

Jadon played the piano in sacrament meeting and did a great job! After church, we had a yummy steak dinner and even ate outside. After dinner, we went on a little bike ride as a family. Dale didn't think that was a good Sunday activity but I made him go anyway. I got a new extension for my bike for Mother's day and it works perfectly for Jake. It was a beautiful evening and I loved being outside. It really was a great day. The best thing about it was the card I got from Dale. He wrote me a letter which he hasn't done in a long time and that really meant a lot to me. My family took good care of me for my birthday. I love them so much!

1 comment:

The Byers Family said...

Well, it sounds like it was a great day! I can't believe how old we're getting but thanks goodness we aren't in our 70's yet! And a family bike ride is a great way to spend part of a Sunday, you're together with your family enjoying God's beautiful creations! Happy Belated Birthday!