Thursday, February 26, 2009

3 months old!


Katie is officially 3 months old today and I hope it is a day she never remembers! She had her first "sick" visit to the doctors. Yesterday she just wasn't herself. We couldn't get her to smile at us. She wasn't fussy, just not herself. By the evening she was getting fussy and through the night got worse. She was breathing funny, and grunting like she was gassy. She also wouldn't take her binkie so I thought maybe an ear infection but it didn't seem like that to me. In the morning we noticed that her urine smelled different. Luckily, I was able to get a morning appt. at the doctor. After some horrible, heart wrenching tests, we found out that she has strept throat and a urinary tract infection. The doctor gave us praise for catching on to the yucky pee smell. Having a sick little baby is the worst thing because there isn't a lot to do to make them feel better. She does get to take an anitbiotic so by tomorrow she should be lots better! Other than the sickness, she is a very happy little 3 month old. It has been a fast 3 months but we are enjoying every minute with her. I don't know if there has ever been a more loved little girl!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sick little sweetie. I thought babies couldn't get strep throat. Did they culture/swab her throat? what a nightmare. hOpefully she's doing better now.

The Byers Family said...

I can't believe how fast the time has gone! It seems like yesterday that she was born! I hope she gets better soon AND that none of the others catch it!

Amy Bailey said...

I'm glad she's feeling better!

Milly said...

Oh that's so sad about little Katie! I hope she's back to her happy self soon, and by now, she probably is! I got your message and I would love if I could use your maternity clothes! You are awesome!

Dorothy said...

Susan, she will never remember that day, however, she will remember her Aunt Dorothy picking her up while she was crying. How her Auntie wiped her (fake) tears away, kissed her check and told her I loved her more...now that Susan, she will always remember.:)