When I was at Time out for Women last weekend, we heard a wonderful speaker by the name of Mary Ellen Edmunds. She started out her talk by giving us very familiar scenerios that would make us mad or frustrated and then asking us what we would do in those situations. Then talked about other things we could do to be "a peacemaker". She kept saying "remember, today...you're a peacemaker." She is very funny! I wish she would have been with me in the Wal-mart parking lot today. I had just finished my shopping trip and was loading the trunk with the groceries while Kyson was getting himself into his seat. I heard someone honking but didn't really think anything of it and kept loading the groceries. Then I heard that really long honk where you know someone is mad and pressing their horn with all their might. I turned to look and found out that the lady was honking at me because she wanted my parking spot and I guess I wasn't going fast enough. I just stared at her! I couldn't believe she was actually honking at me! When I looked at her she lifted her arms in the air and looked at me like "What is taking you so long? I need that spot!" I was shocked. Who does that? So, instead of being the peacemaker that I should be, I slowed down. I took extra long making sure Kyson was in his seat and took the cart back to the cart return instead of just leaving it by the car. She finally drove away and of coarse, squeeled her tires as she did it. I don't know what I could have done to be the peacemaker but oh well. We can't win 'em all!
3 comments:
You were the peacemaker - really. Because you didn't start yelling at her like I would have. Some people have a lot of nerve. Good job keeping your cool and at the same time getting a little satisfaction. You can be a peacemaker at home where it really counts.
Good thing I wasn't there, I probably would have been the peacemaker by walking to her car and slapping her silly through the car window! This goes along w/ my post about what this world is coming too! COME ON PEOPLE, DOES THE GOLDEN RULE RING A BELL?
You should have "launched a rocket" at her! J/k!
Post a Comment