Saturday, September 13, 2008

Time out for Women

This weekend I was able to go to Logan with my dear friends Amy, Michelle and Laura to attend "Time out for Women". It was an incredible weekend!!! For those of you who have never heard of it, it is put on by the church and women from all over come together to listen to speakers, hear music about the gospel and learn about being better people. We learned some wonderful things, laughed, cried, slept (a little) and had lots of yummy food. There are so many wonderful things that I got out of this weekend but the thing that really stuck with me is this. We, as mothers, often don't feel appreciated, especially by our children. Day after day we do everything for our children with no thanks from them. In fact, sometimes they complain about us and what they don't have. What we have to remember is that our Heavenly Father appreciates us and everything that we do for his children. It's a simple thought really but makes me feel appreciated. If you ever get a chance to go to Time out for Women, do it! It is a great way to make you want to be a better person. I am also thankful for Dale for being so willing to stay home with my kids while I went. They said he did lots of fun things with them. He's a great dad!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you had a great time. You're lucky to have such great friends. And thanks for the inspirational reminder of how great it is to be a mother.

Amy Bailey said...

I'm so glad we went to TOFW. It was fun and motivational at the sametime. I really appreciate being able to share that experience with you.