Monday, September 8, 2008

No sugar for a day?

I have the doctor's appt. tomorrow where I have to have the glucose test. Anyone who has had a baby knows about the yummy yummy orange drink that we get to drink. I've never really done anything beforehand like not eating sugar the day before and I've never failed the test. For some reason, I decided to go the test prepared this time. So I put a "No Sugar!" sign on my fridge today to remind me not to eat any sugar. I can't believe how hard it was and how much sugar I eat without even realizing it. The worst part of it was that I had made some really yummy chocolate chip cookies on Sunday night and they just sat on the counter, screaming my name. I did have one for breakfast because I thought I could get the sugar out of my system by tomorrow but eventually I had to put them in the cupboard so I wouldn't see them anymore. The test is in the morning and I'm bringing some of the chocolate chip cookies with me and I can't wait to eat them after it is over!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Good job - no imagine continuing to do that for say a week or a month ?!!

The Byers Family said...

You could always bring those chocolate chip cookies over here, they'd have to scream really loud for you to hear them! HAHA!