Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's NOT a boy!



Well, we had our ultra sound today and like the title of this post says...it's NOT a boy!!! The utlraound technician asked us if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. Dale said "only if it's a girl". She looked around for a few minutes and said "oh, it's for sure a girl." I told her that was very strange to hear. I'm so use to them telling me it's a boy. When we got home to tell the kids we wanted to trick them. We bought a pink stuffed elephant but put it in a blue bag. Everyone asked us if it was a boy or girl as soon as we walked in the door. I told them to look at the bag. Then they said "Oh, it's a boy". I asked Kierra if she was Ok having 5 brothers. She didn't answer me, she just stared at me. So I asked her again. She still didn't answer so I showed her what was in the bag. As soon as she saw the pink she said "I'm having a sister!" It was cute to see how excited she was. She wanted to leave immediately to tell her friends. It's very strange to think we'll have a baby girl in our home again. It's been over 9 years since that has happened. We're all pretty excited but now we have the stress of finding a name. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. It has to start with a K and go with the middle name "Emma".

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Good job scanning in the ultrasound pictures. Congrats!!

The Byers Family said...

I am soooo excited for you guys! 1 girl is fun, but 2 is sooo much better! Also, that site for the layouts is pyzam.com

Milly said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Another girl will be so fun!

Amy Bailey said...

Congrats!!! This post made me cry! I'm so excited for you. You are the best mom I know!

Shingleton Family said...

2 "K" names for you Kira and Kaylene.