Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We started out our Memorial Day weekend at the cannery. My Mom & Dad are service missionaries there and arranged a day for my family to go get some of our food storage. We had a great time and are thrilled that we got a big chunk of our long term food storage taken care of. Jadon loved it there and can't wait to go back. I loved seeing my parents work as missionaries and can't wait to serve a mission with Dale someday. We went out to dinner as a family that night and was lucky enough to get a table in the back right behind the kitchen. Most people would think that was a terrible spot but it makes us less on edge with our kids. We had a great dinner! Church was good. A new family in our ward spoke. They have 7 kids and seem to be a neat family. I was a substitute for Jadon's class and all I can say is how thankful I am for my son. He is a great kid and does what he is suppose to. There were several boys in the class that were so obnoxious and rude to the girls. Jadon and his best friend, Andrew, just observed everything that was going on. They were both dressed in blue suits and looked like little missionaries. Since it was a holiday the next day, we stayed up late and watched a movie as a family. Today we got the chance to do some things inside since it was pouring all day. I got all my kitchen counters cleaned off and got all the laundry done...and put away. It was a good day and a fun weekend!

No comments: