
For Christmas this year, Gladys gave Jadon, Kierra and Jaxon some money and asked them to find a way to do service for someone with that money. At first, we weren't sure what we were going to do. After talking to different people about what to do, someone suggested The Road Home. I went on their website and called them and asked them what kinds of things they need. I asked the kids what they thought and we decided it would be a good idea. So I took each of them shopping and we got things like diapers, bath mats, shoes and towels. I also posted on Facebook that we were going to make a trip to the road home and I got a ton of stuff donated from friends. Dale and I decided that it would be good if our whole family went to The Road Home to drop off our donations. I had never been there or even seen the place. I was completely surprised when I went inside. I don't know what I was expecting but it was not at all what I thought it would be. It broke my heart, and brought tears to my eyes, to see these families with a cot and everything they owned underneath the cot. I left the place feeling so grateful for the warm home that I have and just wanted to be able to help these families more. I hope it made an impact on my children. I am so grateful for my wise mother in law for having the inspiration to do what she did. I will never forget it!
No comments:
Post a Comment