Friday, August 16, 2013

Finally Sixteeen!



Jadon getting ready to go on the alpine slide
 It seems like Jadon has been waiting for a really long time to be sixteen.  He has always been fascinated with driving.  As a baby, he loved to stand at the steering wheel and pretend to drive.  As he got older, he loved to sit on Dale's lap and "help" him drive.  He started driving by himself at a very young age.  I think he was 11 or 12.  Dale has worked a lot with him to teach him how to drive.  It all finally paid off on the day he turned 16!  He got his license that day!  I think I was as excited as he was.  While he had his lerner's permit, I had to go with him everywhere and that got old very fast. I love that he can drive himself to work now and even better, he can run errands for me.  Yay!
 We didn't do much on his actual birthday besides get his license.  I did make him a chocolate cake and let him lick the batter bowl (which I rarely do).  Dale and I decided that we should buy a 3rd car for our family so we spent the night test driving a car.  We ended up not getting that car and Jadon was pretty disappointed.  Dale, Jadon and I went out to dinner at Sizzler.  It was fun to spend the one on one time with him for his birthday.  We had planned to take Jadon to Park City for his birthday but because the test drive took so long, we weren't able to do it.  We decided that we would go later (There will be a post about that soon).
 Jadon spent the next few weeks looking for cars on KSL.  We test drove several cars and went all over the valley to do it.  We went from Clearfield to Provo looking at different cars.  We finally found one that we thought we be a good car for Jadon...I mean our family.  It is a little KIA Sephia.  It was cheap and a very base model.  No power windows or locks.  It's a good little car.  It's also a stick so Jadon got to learn how to drive a stick.  He really enjoys it.  I now feel comfortable letting him drive the KIA all by himself wherever he needs to go.
Jadon really is a great kid.  He is a great help to me and I can always count on him.  He's a great student and a really hard worker.  At one time, he has had 3 jobs.  He has been saving money for his mission, which is only 2 years away and that totally freaks me out.  He's very responsible.  He takes care of his things and has been taking really good care of the new car.  Jadon loves to do anything.  He loves to play any sports and do anything outside.  He always is willing to be involved in whatever is going on.  He frequently plays kickball with all the little kids on our street.  I am so thankful for Jadon.  I feel like I have a great relationship with him and I hope we can always have that.  He's a great example to his siblings.  I love you Jadon!  Happy Birthday! 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

He is a great young man - you and Dale have every right to be proud of him!