| The "Saving 2nd Base" team |
| Lisa and I trying to show off our shirts |
| Headed off to the starting line |
| Lisa caught a picture of me running |
| Woo hoo! I finished! |
| Look how good we look after the race! :) Lisa had to leave so she's not in the picture but she did finish the race. |
On Saturday, May 12, 2012, we ran in the Race for the Cure. Last year a few of us went and I decided I wanted to have a team this year. So I put it out on Facebook that I was forming a team called "Saving 2nd Base". It ended up that we had a total of 11 people on our team. Suzy helped me design our logo and we had some really cute shirts made. After we got downtown, and everyone used the disgusting porta pottys, we got to the race right as it was starting. I had decided that I wanted to try and run as much of the race as I could. A few of us started off jogging right away. It is such an amazing thing to be out there with thousands of people who are all supporting the same cause. With the exception of one 10-15 second stop, I ran the whole race. It felt so good! I didn't think I would be able to do it. The coolest thing about it was that I came in 2nd place for our team. It was so much fun to stand at the finish line and watch all my friends come in. It was such a great way to start the day. I hope I can get more people to join our team next year.
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun... count me in next year!
Post a Comment