Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's great to be eight!

Thursday was Jake's 8th birthday. We have been so busy celebrating for the last 3 days that I haven't had a chance to blog about it. The night of his birthday we went out to dinner to McDonalds. The next day he had his first birthday party.


He invited 4 friends to a swimming party. We also went back to our house for pizza, presents and cake & ice cream. Jake loves to go swimming. He loves to put his mask on and go under water. I think he had a great time at his party!
There wasn't really a time when all the boys were together in the water so I wasn't able to get a picture of them until after they got out and got dressed.



The next day, February 12th, was a very special day. It was Jake's baptism. Unfortunately, he didn't feel very good. I gave him some cold medicine to help him feel better but it made him kind of out of it. I hope he remembers this day. It was so neat to have his whole family there to watch his dad baptize him.


After the baptism, we went out to Mountain Mike's to celebrate his baptism, birthday and my mom's birthday. He was born on my mom's birthday so every year since that day I have taken a picture of them together on their birthday.
Jake is one of a kind. He is very innocent and sweet. He is very smart and has an amazing memory. He reads on a 4th grade level and is doing very well in school. He loves to play the Wii, a little too much. He gets very excited when he's playing and jumps up and down the whole time. Even when he is watching someone else play, he is jumping up and down. His best friend in the world is his brother, Kyson. Except for when they are at school, they are together. They play Super Hero Squads, the wii, jump on the tramp and color together. They both love the computer but like to be together when they play so they will take the laptop downstairs by the desktop computer and set them up together and play the same thing at the same time, side by side. I am so thankful for their relationship! Jake likes to be nice to people. He is frequently sharing things with people. He is very easily distracted and has a really hard time paying attention to someone who wants to have a conversation with him. But he is picking up a lot more than anyone ever thinks he is. We have been reading the scriptures every night and he is doing a great job following along and is excellent at reading them aloud. I am so proud of him and everything he has accomplished. I am so thankful that his sweet spirit was sent to our home. Happy Birthday Jake! I love you!

1 comment:

Amy Bailey said...

wow! I have really been out of it to not even know jake was getting baptized! Congratulations to him and Nice job Mom to you! He is such an adorable boy.