Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fieldtrip to the Zoo

Last week I got to go on a fieldtrip to the zoo with Jake's 1st grade class. I love going on fieldtrips with my kids. It's a great way to spend some one on one time with them.
Jake was excited for weeks before we went. He would frequently tell me how many days until we were going to the zoo. It's been a long time since he's been to the zoo so he was pretty excited to see everything. He thought measuring himself up to a gorilla was pretty cool.

Everyone, including me, loved the baby elephant, Zuri. She was so cute. She just followed her mom wherever she went. After seeing the animals for a couple of hours, we ate lunch. After that, we went to the bird show. That was pretty cool and the kids were pretty impressed.

I had a great day with my little buddy. When we were having dinner that night all the kids were asking him about his day at the zoo and what he saw. Jaxon asked him if he went on the train. Jake said "No, we went on the bus." We all started laughing and a few seconds later he understood why it was funny. I love that kid!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun!!

The Byers Family said...

I miss those days! One of my favorite field trips was the zoo and it's so fun to go!